Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well Done!

Congratulations. Your 30 days is up! Now what changes,  if any , did you notice? For me I experienced a number of changes. Here is a quick summary.

Look:
Leaned out quite a lot without any loss of muscle mass
Weight down to 77.8kg from 83kg the last time I weighed myself before beginnning Whole 30.

Feel:
Recovery from exercise was fantastic. Very little soreness.
A general feeling of lightness.
Much more energy.
Better able to deal with stressful situations - particularly importand over the last couple of weeks.
No shoulder pain.

Perform:
Beat longstanding PB's in CrossFit workouts - Fran (3:01), Helen (7:51)
Increased strength/Power - Hang Power Snatch PB - 67.5kg, Push Press triple @ 80kg
Due to lessening of shoulder pain was able to perform movements such as Muscle Ups, Handstand Push Ups, Ring Dips, Push Press that I had been unable to do without pain previously.

These are just a few of the changes that I noticed. When you put these all together, I am sure that you would agree I am a fitter and more healthy individual now than I was when I started the whole 30 back in October.

I hope you have experienced some great changes as well. Let us know in the comments section.

I will be back to posting some of the more technical posts over the next few days. I want to write some more on Cholesterol as I think this is an area where a lot of people are misinformed.

1 comment:

grasshopper said...

Well done to all that accepted the whole 30 challenge. For me the challenge will finish this coming Frid, however, I am very happy eating this way and havent missed having a drink either so I wont be changing too much with my diet.

Noticable changes -

body composition,
loss of flab and more muscle definition, dropped weight from 53 kg to 51.1 kg notice this more in my lower abs - tummy was starting to get that nearly 60 look!!

sleeping
much better than previously and I have been a bad sleeper for a very long time

workouts
yes definite improvement here, not so much with the strength WODS but better performances in the met cons, and of course I have mastered the kip, so can string 7 or so pullups together in a WOD, Mon night WOD was 15 rnds which included 5 pullups each rnd and I managed to do 50 unassisted kipping pullups, stoked with this!!

Recovery
would agree with Zane I am less sore after a WOD, screamed with the pain from forwards/backwards lunges last night but dont have sore legs today.

generally feel pretty chuffed with myself, think I am looking leaner, feel good, still get stressed, job very stressful at present but maybe that is just me!!

A great experience on the whole and thankyou my son for posting this blog and getting the Hoare family to commit ( or a least some of us), my gym buddies have taken an interest and also thankyou for the very informative info and as Rob said 'we are very lucky to have you' Our little group have been very fortunate to have a fantastic mentor in Clem, who started us off and continues to lead by example and continues to provide information and resources regarding life, nutrition and exercise, and you my son have been the icing on the cake! who would have thought that your Mums gym group woud have brought you to the x fit family and with such passion. Very proud of you!