Friday, October 29, 2010

The Paleo Sandwich

Another great recipe for you today. This one is for those times when you miss a good old fashioned sandwich.

Take 1 chicken breast and carefully cut it in half.
Grill or fry both pieces. (If frying, use coconut oil - it has magical properties that will make you superhuman!)
These chicken pieces become your bread. you are now free to top them with any paleo type filling you want. Tonight I used:
Bacon
Lettuce
Tomato
Guacamole (Home Made - Avocado, Lime, Chilli, Garlic)

I am going on a school excursion tomorrow and won't have access to a microwave. I'll simply stick my sandwich in a cool bag and I will be set!

This meal is obviously not that high in carbs, however it has a great hit of protein and fat if you use the avocado. If you do want to add a few more carbs to your diet, get rid of the chicken and use 2 large portabello mushrooms. The possibilities are endless.

3 comments:

Zane said...

Breakfast

Bacon and Eggs
Guacamole
1 Cup berries

Snack
Tuna and Olive oil (lge tin)
too many macadamias

Lunch
Paleo Sandwich
(same fillings as last night)

Snack
1/4 bbq chicken

Tea
mince
coleslaw mix
coconut milk
garam masala spice
onion powder
garlic

bowl frozen berries

Drinks
2 x coffee (last ones for the rest of this experiment)
2 x green tea
water
coconut juice/water mix (during and after bike ride)
Mineral water and lime juice

Supplement
2 x L glutamine (1tsp/serve)
1 x maca
3 x Magnesium citrate (1am,2pm)

was on school excursion today. Spent a lot of time in the sun. Rode bike home from work 14km in the sun. Wanted to make sure I was hydrated properly so hence the coconut juice. I buy it from an asian grocer and get the lowest sugar one they have.

grasshopper said...

Bfast
chicken
bowl blueberries with 2 tbls cocunut cream

Lunch at Restaurant
chicken strips over salad topped with dob of yogurt ( yes I know no diary)

snack
1 banana prior to gym

Dinner
chicken kebabs, with tomato, green capsicum & onion ( starting to feel a little fowl!!)

snack
handful of walnuts

Drinks
soda water with dash of lime at Rest
blk coffee X3 ( instant)
white tea X 1
hot water with lemon juice X 2
water
very busy day, launch of new project for work, lots of cortisone rushing through body due to stress/nerves

grasshopper said...

hair appt today 7.30 p.m.!!

Thought the article on cholestrol was very informative, I have read this information before but it is good to re read. Thanks for that Zane. Good luck with the coffee!

Intersting comment made by the Dark One 'I wont be eating like this forever, it is boring, I like my steak with pepper sauce'
'I am feeling much better, almost back to normal' but.......!!!!! (sigh) you can lead a horse etc etc etc. I give up!