Monday, November 8, 2010

Homemade, Healthy, Paleo Snacks

One of the complaints that I hear often regarding the Paleo Diet, is that there is nothing that you can snack on. Well, today I have some suggestions.

Yesterday, I went and bought a food dehydrator. Last night I used it to make some brilliant Paleo Snacks. I made some kangaroo jerky, and dried some strawberries, blueberries and mango. It was brilliant. Not everything went exactly to plan (flavours of things like chilli and garlic are accentuated in the dehydrator!!), but I was really happy with the result.

Check out the results below!



3 comments:

Cat said...

ooh! what sort of dehydrator did you buy? I was looking into buying one, but never did!

grasshopper said...

they look amazing, I might want one too, lets know how much and how easy to use , how long the process was etc

Zane said...

Cat, just got a Sunbeam one from Harvey Norman. Very simple to use, however it does take hours for the food to dehydrate.